Ciaté Mini Mani Month - Day 12

Today’s polish is ‘Twilight’, a black-based dark gold glitter. This colour looks absolutely beautiful in the bottle, and it’s no different on the nails. From a distance, it looks like an olive green shade, but up close you can see the individual gold flecks. The formula is slightly thicker than other Ciaté colours I’ve tried, which makes it a little difficult to work with, although a smooth and opaque finish can still be achieved. Two coats are definitely needed, as with one the black isn’t intense enough and comes off looking grey. On a side note, this may be the smelliest nail varnish I've ever used. My tip: try not to breathe too deeply when using it.

This is a nice vampy way to wear glitter and definitely one I'll get a lot of use out of. Are you a fan?

     

1 comment:

  1. Ciate has some great colors, but sadly I never find them worth the price and ever since their cease and desist letters went out to bloggers over the Caviar manicure, I refuse to purchase any of their products.

    Elise @ A Bow On Top

    ReplyDelete